THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Position: Research Manager
Reports: Head of Business Development
Job Type: Full time – permanent
The Role / Key Objectives
ISM seeks to improve its support of our commercial activities, by showcasing the effectiveness of Inskin Media’s ad formats, and becoming a renowned thought leader on Brand Advertising across digital platforms.
- Work with marketing &commercial teams (Agency & Publisher) to identify research needs
- Overall responsibility for quality of all ISM research and analysis, and how it is presented to clients or to the media
- Identify ground-breaking media research projects
- Manage bespoke media research projects
- Help ISM team with strategic, more complex proposals and presentations
- Proactively source clients and run brand effectiveness research projects. Turn results into case studies and work with Marketing to publicise & promote results
- Attend client meetings and presentations
- Source and evaluate research resources and new tools, and keep ahead of developments with industry resources
- Maintain relationships with research suppliers and negotiate research contracts
- Manage research budget and related admin
- Present market trends back to the Business
- Ensure any prepared information can be shared across the business
- Produce clear, specific and actionable insights to clients, via ad hoc analysis & ongoing reporting
The Right Person:
This position would suit a data-driven, precise, and accurate personality, with the ability to present data as coherent advice to senior management. The role is ideal for someone looking to develop his or her career experience in a dynamic, environment (perhaps someone currently employed at a large media owner, Technology provider or Ad Network).
Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3+ years within the Research industry
- 1 to 3 years of industry/sector experience – with Media/Technology businesses
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Relationships/working knowledge of 3rd party research vendors- market mapping
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic skills, with experience in statistical modelling and analysis
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Project Management skills, and ability to lead projects
- Comfortable with client-facing role; and confident to challenging status quo
- Bachelor or advanced degree in business, mathematics, or sciences
- Proactive – brainstorm ideas for projects and identify research to support revenue generation and raise the profile of Inskin Media’s commercial teams
- Knowledge of vertical category markets such as FMCG, travel, finance, retail and entertainment
Inskin Media is an award-winning advertising technology business, specialising in high-impact, non-intrusive online advertising formats.
Founded in the UK in 2009, the company is one of Europe’s market leaders in rich-media display and video advertising, and employs 65 staff across its London, Hamburg & Hong Kong offices. Partnering with over 100 publishers, ISM represents over 230 websites, globally, and has delivered successful campaigns for over 500 blue-chip brand clients.
In November 2014, Inskin Media was invited to join the ‘Scale Up Club’, a group of companies identified as having £100m turnover potential within 3-5 years, by Silicon Valley angel investors. In 2013, Inskin Media was named Best Media Owner in the IPA Media Owner Awards, having been rated as top company in the IPA Media Owner Survey that April. In 2012, Inskin Media won three British Media Awards; ISM won Media Momentum’s Award as the fastest-growing digital business in Europe in 2011, and has since remained in its top 50 high-growth businesses.
To apply for this position, please email ‘email@example.com‘ with ‘Research Manager’ in the subject line. No agencies at this stage please.